ANGUS & CELESTE BLUE ROOS SIDE BOWL
The Blue Roos Series offers a range of tableware with an intricate illustration featuring a boomer, jill, and joey in cerulean blue. A bearer of the Australian Coat of Arms, the Kangaroo is a uniquely Australian image and seen as a symbol of curiosity and forward movement, which serve as two of the hallmarks of A & C design.
The wonderfully speckled glaze used in the Blue Roos Series offers a subtle earthiness that counterpoints the vibrant blue of the imagery.
The entire Blue Roos range is dishwasher, microwave, and oven safe.
– the adult male Kangaroo are called bucks, boomers, or jacks
– the adult female Kangaroo are called does, flyers, or jills
– the younger Kangaroos are called joeys
– a group of Kangaroos is called a ‘mob’
– Kangaroos cannot walk backwards
– Kangaroo species that are adapted to the drier regions need very little water. Red Kangaroos can go without water altogether if there is fresh green grass available.
– Recent linguistic fieldwork has confirmed the existence of the word gangurru in the northeast Aboriginal language of Guugu Yimidhirr, referring to a species of kangaroo.
Bowl: 16.5cm diameter, 4cm deep.